- Are you bored with your current work out routine?
- Would you like to lose weight or just build muscle tone?
- Do you avoid working out because it's not fun anymore?
- Do you want to feel more empowered and confident?
- Do you enjoy the feeling of becoming accomplished at something new and exciting?
- Do you want to exercise with other women in a safe, healthy and non-threatening environment?
These classes are about having fun, getting fit, feeling sexy and discovering abilities you probably didn't even know you had - not about how you look. It's a friendly atmosphere and one of the main goals is to enjoy yourself and have fun with the girls while you get in shape! It doesn't take a lot of strength to spin on a pole if you learn the right techniques, and we will be building up your strength during class.
Classes include gentle strengthening exercises you can do at home. These exercises are incorporated with sensual wall and floor moves to make your workout sexy and fun!
This movement is for every woman regardless of weight and size.
The 5 week intro classes are 1 hour and 45 minutes each week. You will start with sensual stretching exercises as well as yoga and pilates inspired warm ups.
The warm ups include sensual floorwork moves you can do at home (no pole required).
On the poles we learn beautiful moves that just about any woman can do and gently progress to exciting pole spins, a mini climb and graceful pole transitions.
As you build your comfort level and confidence, we will learn a sexy floor crawl and a seductive shirt and skirt striptease (there is NO nudity in class, we layer our stripping clothes over our workout clothes).
You will be given the freedom to make these moves your own and get creative with the routine. The class includes instruction in pole safety techniques endorsed specifically for pole dance classes by the Aerobics and
Fitness Association of America (AFAA).
For pole dancing you will need to have bare arms and legs to make good contact with the pole. You can wear shorts and a tank top, work out clothes or yoga wear. We start the class in bare feet, and depending on your comfort level, may advance to high heels. Please remove all jewelry before class including rings and bracelets. Do not apply lotions or oils before attending pole classes as this will make it more difficult to grasp onto the pole.
Bring water, a yoga mat and your favorite music on a CD, mp3 player or iPod.
- We are the only pole dance studio in King County that offers small class sizes: just 6 students per class in our 5 week intro pole series. We can offer more individualized attention and watch each student individually to teach the corrections and progressions necessary for strong, graceful and safe pole work.
- The studio is designed for your comfort including very low lighting. We don't want anyone to judge themselves or compare themselves to others, so there are no mirrors. This gives every student an opportunity to focus on how beautiful and confident sensual dance can make them feel, rather than using mirrors to critique how they look. And there are never any men or observers in class, just the students and your instructor.
- This is a supportive and safe environment where women can learn, play, laugh and explore and express their sensual side.
- From the very first day of class, Pole for the Soul teaches pole safety methods endorsed by the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) specifically for pole dance.
- Our lessons include sensual style muscle conditioning exercises. This conditioning exercises can do more than just build sexy muscle tone, they safely prepare your body for the progression of more fun and advanced pole tricks.
- Intro level classes focus on fitness, sensuality, pole spin safety and creative improvisation using basic sensual dance moves and pole tricks. Students that want to progress to more stripper style naughty moves and lap dancing can learn authentic stripper moves in the intermediate and advanced classes or choose private lessons.
- While we encourage students to push their boundaries, no student is ever asked to do anything outside of their comfort level. We invite everyone in class to experiment with the moves and techniques we teach and use only what they enjoy.
Our 5 and 6 week intro classes are limited to 6 women (occasionally we will make an exception and fit in a 7th student). Our 90 minute workshops can fit up to 10 women.
The intro series can be taken as either a 5 week or 6 week session. The 5 week session costs $165 plus tax (the state of Washington requires retail tax on all fitness classes). Your place in the 5 week series of classes is reserved once you pay the $165 tuition in advance. The 6th week is optional and available for purchase separately.
Class tuition is non-refundable if you miss any or all of the classes and the first class is MANDATORY. Students who miss the first class will miss the basic foundation of exotic dance and pole safety and will not be able to catch up to the rest of the class. You can transfer your tuition and place in class to some one else if you give enough notice PRIOR to the first class. Once classes have started, it will no longer be possible to transfer your tuition and place in class to some one else.
No refunds are available for missed classes. If there are any other 6-week classes during your session that are not sold out, it may be possible to drop in on one as a make up class if you a miss class. You can also purchase a make up private lesson at a discount if you attend our monthly
pole play practice days.
No. Guests or spectators are not allowed in class. Only the other women taking the class will see you, and we are all doing the same thing in class.
There is absolutely no nudity and this is a noncompetitive and safe environment. Students will wear layers when learning stripping and strip down from a shirt to a tank top or from jeans down to shorts. Stripping is optional and students can skip this portion completely if they prefer to learn only dance and pole work.
We offer a
pole play practice day at least once per month for former and current students. And the studio owner can give you a list of clubs in Seattle that have poles for their customers to play on. You can also purchase a removable pole for your home at LilMynx.